Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Vintage Old School Bmx Cook Bros Racing 26in cruiser bicycle








Thank you all for the many inquiries and interest in my bicycle. I will try to answer as many questions here in the description:

1. I am the second owner of this bicycle that was once used to race in the cruiser class back in the early 80's. I have owned it many years and kept it just as I received it.

2. Original owner changed out the rear Cook hub so it could be a daily driver with a 3-speed Shimano hub. Rim is the original Araya 7C style.

3. Original owner changed out the front rim from the 7C to the 7x style but kept the original Cook Bros 1st generation hub on it. As you can see in the picture, the etching on the front hub and it is the through-bolt with only the 1 nut to hold it to the front forks/drop-outs.

4. Frame, fork and handlebars are all original Cook Bros Racing 26in parts original to this bike.

5. The stem is the original Tuf Neck that came with the bike along with the 1pc cranks and Shimano DX pedals.

6. Handlebar grips and seat where changed out by the original owner. I think the brakes are original too, Shimano Tourney style with Weinmann brake levers.

7. As many of you may know Cook Bros had 2 styles of 26in frames out there: the 3-bar style and the diamond frame, this is the rarer of the two and the serial number is under #30. Winner will get the actual serial number at purchase.

8. If Buy It Now, I will include an original authentic set of Cook Bros pads (handlebars and stem).

I have added some more pictures to show you the original condition of the paint and decals; really nice for a 35yr+ old cruiser.

Lastly, I have gotten many request to part this bike out. I may consider that in the future but right now would like for this bike to stay together as it is a rare find especially to get the frame/fork and handlebars.

Thanks again for your interest.


Buy it now...
US $12,500.00


No comments: