Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Eye Of Gatto


In the continueing saga of sceners that i think go beyond the call
if you add up time on the bike and behind the lense, Gattos
got us all beat. He's seems to be everywhere, and
shows no favortisim towards riders, or teams.
Im gonna let Doug tell his background, and about the things he
Loves, his bikes!
I have no formal training in photography at all; I just took my camera
to races when I did MTB races back in 2003, then I got a cheap digital
camera, then in 2005 I got my current bit nicer Fuji camera (which is
also slated for replacement). I have always worked in computers and
have had a gaming web site up for since like 1998, so I posted the
pictures there in a subdomain before I got my current gattoracing.us web
site.
When I was nearing the end of my master’s program in 2001,
and working
in computers(there are a good number of fat computer people) I started
mountain biking on an old very heavy MTB I had from a few years back
from Dunham's. Then at the start of 2002 I got a $300 Gary Fisher
Mamba, only to replace it in 2003 with a Giant XTC2. After 2003 I
switched to more road races, to where I am now solely road. I did not
ride my MTB at all in 2005, and when I did pull it out in May or June
2006 for one ride it was covered in dust (but it still worked just fine
after a hose off and some oil). My local bike shop of choice is Fraser
Bicycle and Fitness in Fraser (go figure that one), I have bought (or in
the case of my CX bike had built) all four off my current bikes there.

Well, my road bike is a red 2004 Specialized Allez Comp, hopefully to be
replaced or modernized if the money is right this winter. My triathlon
bike is a red 2005 Felt S32, not slated for anything as it is rarely
used. My MTB is a black 2003 Giant XTC2 (not pictured, as it is in the
attic, more or less mothballed), used less then the tri bike. My
cyclocross bike is a dark green 2003 (I think) Cannonade frame and fork
I bought off a person who won it is a prize drawing; it was not fully
built until the 2004 cyclocross season. For road/TT/Tri racing I use
23mm Michelin Pro 2 Race tires, in red.

It is my firm belief that red goes faster; that and the 2004 Specialized
and 2005 Felt just both happen to come in red when I bought them, so I
buy tires to match.

I like road races, followed by TTs, and I really like TTTs. I do
several duathlons a year, I have yet to do a triathlon, the opportunity
has not really presented itself yet. In the winter I do masters
swimming, with some occasional indoor inline short-track speed skating.

Doug, Thanks!

1 comment:

Echelon said...

big thanks to gatto!