Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Brakes Bikes..



The cool thing about doin these bike bio's is that we here at the TMS learn so much about people than what we see at the races, sometimes the bike is secondary, As you read on You will see what i mean, Were not just bike geeks and hardcore racers, we are much more than our competition realize, And when hearing from Jason it finaly came to me why this blog was started, Its a way of bringing all of us together, and how close we are at actually knowing everyone around us, we can recognize each other as friends and still want to rip there legs of every weekend.

Heres a bit about Jason..We know him as the guy who shredded the cat 3 for a good part of the season, but this is what most dont know.....He raced BMX as a kid from 2nd to 5th grade

·Got into freestyle BMX and did that until 8th grade, when I got into skateboarding.

· Competed in skate competitions all through high school.

· Went to Japan from and lived there for 3 years (94, 97-99) where I rediscovered the joy of riding a bike.

Did a lot of cyclo-touring.

· Came home to the US in 99 and bought a mountain bike. Started riding on Hines and noticed everyone riding.

road bikes.

· Bought my first road bike in August 02, having never ridden one previously, and competed in the Hines Park TT

three days later. I got dead last in cat 5.

· I’ve just been making progress every year since. 2006 is my 3rd season for cyclocross.

Bottomline – Bike racing is something I’ve loved since a young lad and it is my passion. I have a 3 year old son, Aidan,

who has already raced at 4 events in 2006. I’m grooming him to follow in Dad’s footsteps.


Heres were it gets good....Ill let jason tell you.

I am an old school punk to the bone. I played bass in punk bands for years, at Blondies, Todd’s, the Majestic,

St. Andrews. I was the original bass player in a band called the Suicide Machines local to Detroit. I’ve played

with Murphy’s Law, Rancid, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, SBLC (local Detroit punk band), and others.

The Misfits

were definitely one of the originals that I listened to. I’ve met Mr. Danzig himself on two occasions, but that was

well after the Misfits gig................ COOL!

2 comments:

Echelon said...

awesome! jason is a great guy and great bike racer. just got some extra points for having met glen D himself. the chances of me seeing you at st andrews are good if between say 90 and 94. way to go this year in cat 3! awesome post.

Anonymous said...

great write up!