Wednesday, November 22, 2006

THIS IS JB HANCOCK



Alcyon cyclocross bike,
(yea weve never heard of it either!)

Frame: 58.5 tt, columbus Brain tubing. 39-44 Ultegra crankset, D.A. 12-27 cassette. Hugi 240's with 32-spoked Open Pros. Tires are Ritchey Speedmax or Michelin Mud's. Time ATAC pedals, Radius brakes, threaded Ultegra headset.
After goin through the Tailwind archives We find that JB has been on the MI cross scene for number of years, Yea he took a break but he still had that crossfire burning, and now its good to see him back hittin again...Heres JB bio...
So yeah.. I started biking when I was 14. Raced my first MTB race at Ithaca's Jailhouse trail. Got hooked on biking so I got involved with Tri City cyclists for a few years. They helped me grow tremendously but I moved to Team Revolution in 1999 with their start in Grand Blanc. I raced road and mountain for a few years in high school and then met the late Dennis Cotcamp who took me to my first cross race at Pontiac Lake (state championships). I was hooked on cross from then on. Went to Nationals in 1999 and got lapped by the (then) current junior world champion Matt Kelly, but then came back next year to finish 6th at the Chicago supercup (behind Mr. Superfast Bookwalter. Then I graduated high school and couldn't bring myself to get back on my bike.

So now I have a real job after playing lacrosse in college. Started riding this past January with the only goal of having FUN and making it through cross season, which is by far my favorite. Team Health Delivery/Giant Bicycles took me in and has been absolutely great to me after taking a 5 year leave of absence from the sport. I'm looking forward to the rest of cross season and a successful road season next year!
Photo's by Andrea Tucker photography..Thanks AT great pics..



No comments: