Thursday, April 05, 2007

Girl interupted



RACHEL STEELE.. If your not a huge cross fan or from the toledo area she is probably not on your radar, she's quiet, cute, and funny, and likes to live semi fast, just like her riding, she showed alot of promise here in our scene with a number of great rides last season at the Tailwind Cross series, she is something our scene doesnt have enough of, women racing and treating the men, she would often start with the competitve masters field just because she was beatin up on the women elite race so bad, in the process she made a number of 35+ men look twice as she rode through the field. With a bit more fine tuning she could do the same thing on road and as well National cross races, heres a quick look inside the one formerly known as part of the girls interupted. from now we call her just STEELE


Q .How long have you been racing
A 4 years
Q. first race?
A Perrysburg Criterium - back when it was put on by Tym Tyler in downtown Perrysburg
Q . Favorite bike ever?
A It's a three way tie. My first bike ever-a 20inch "Columbia," Principia RS6 (which I regretably sold) and my current 'cross steed, a custom Eriksen ti
Q . Music preference?
A I'm definitely of all over the board on that one.
Q .what are some of your secret cravings?
A Anyone who has been around me for more than two hours knows my biggest craving - icecream. So, I guess it's not really a secret. Hmmm...I like maple candy a whole lot.
Q . what are your weakness, cycling specific?
A Time trialing and descending off-road.
Q . how many bikes do you own?
A that I ride and one that hangs on my porch
Q .What are some of the funniest cycling moments you have had?
Flipping over my handlebars pretty much every time I attempt to learn how to bunny hop anything bigger than a stick.
A . what races are looking forward too?
The muddy ones come fall
Q .big goals this season?
A My goal is always to have fun and not to take anything too seriously.
Q .Have you have been injured?
A I've spent my whole life accumulating scars. I've never been seriously injured.
Q. job and or degree?
A I have both.
Q. favorite beer?
A Do I have to pick just one? I'm a big IPA fan, but I love Belgians and nothing beats a pale ale in the summertime.
Q . what other intrest do you have or hobbies?
A I love finding treasures at estate sales and thrift shops. I like to cook and bake too.
Q. favorite place to ride?
Lexington, KY
A. Favorite place to hang with friends?
The neighborhood bar
Q. Last C.D. you bought?
A I just picked up De La Soul is Dead and The Originals by Serge Gainsbourg.
Q. good book or Ipod or atari?
A I can appreciate all three, but I'd prefer a good book. Boomshakalaka. Sorry, I had to throw that in with the thought of Atari.
Q. whats your Avg friday night?
A Unwind. Shower. Dinner and drinks with friends.
Q. Love intrest ?
A I'm interested in love.
Q. big hour training week ?
A Depends on the time of year, usually no more than 15.
Q . do you follow a srtict diet?
A Some would say. I don't eat mammals for starters.
Q . would you still ride if you didnt race?
Yes.
A . chocalte or bread, beer or wine?
Chocolate and beer.
thanks for your time!!! and good luck

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of softball questions are those. What about the hard hitting ones we all want to know like thong or granny panties. Landing strip, retro or bald?

Anonymous said...

HAW, HAW HAW, thats great. I hope Ms Steele isnt offended. she's a good sport and one heck of rider.

Echelon said...

LOL!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

what?? no beaver shots? and i thought this was a soft core site. corey