Saturday, April 21, 2007

This from Tim Finkel

Think about it.

I just wanted to send my sincere endorsement to the Mi Scene. When I was younger I was really involved in the Detroit area Punk/Harcore/Emo-Core Scene. As a youth it did many things for me. One, it allowed me to belong to a positive click and kept me out of trouble. Two, it reminded me that i belonged to something that was bigger than me. Three, it made me proud to know that I was different that the populace and gave me identity.

Perhaps that was all juvenile angst and a way to differentiate myself from others. However, I share the same mentality amongst my involvement in the cycling culture now. I guess this is one of the strong appeals of mine when it comes to riding. So many cyclists complain that it is a sport that is neither respected nor understood in our country. However, most of us would be bitching if it became the latest fad. Thanks for representing our culture and voice and reminding us that we are part of something bigger than ourselves. In addition, thanks to all those riders out there who respect each other as riders and individuals no matter what team you are on. We all keep things rolling.

Tim

Tim nailed it,in short. Its not about gloating, accomplishments and hype, its about a union, and bunch of people doing what they like.

this is the reason for the miscene.

4 comments:

Echelon said...

way to go tim. thanks TMS for providing us with great reading material.

Anonymous said...

well put! A group hug, narly elbow to elbow field sprint and another group hug. there is room for it all!

Anonymous said...

yea..thats it

the MICHIGANSCENE said...

thanks for the props all.