Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Unsung crossceners of 2008 Part 1

Yea, theres the Wiz,Sorry, The black ace, da lil pony, and the the one T refers to as the Evil dude from flash gordon, all these dudes are out there ragin, tradin punches and goin at it.but lets face it these guys arent gettin any younger, with the exception of Sorry, the rest are pushin 40, with no disrespect age...but whatta about the 13-20 or so other crossers in the elite field that go to the line every weekend, season after season. goin against the grain... in the first segment of the unsung of the cross scene TMS is gonna look at this group of Elite'rs. we picked these guys in no particular order, so if your not here hold yer horses.

Jason Lummis, Bells Beer, our favorite drinkin buddy, one look at this guy and you see the months of hard miscene mtb in his face, not to mention his raw determenation to come weekend after weekend bare legs and all. theres alotta crossers that wouldnt wanna take him to the line at mtb race.... we've tipped many Oberons to you pal this season. rock on!

Lil Tony the Giant Killer, Mesacycles did what he needed to do this season and bumped himself up to the Miscene A game, he has hung it out every weekend, its gutz and determination like this that will take you far. you make TMS proud!

the younger half of the stang clan...Corey Stang, Cyclefit This quiet relatively unknown kid, with little more fine tuning could be the future of Miscene cross, he has great stayin power and has shown that doin a full tour of Miscene MTB you can still be competitive at cross. TMS loves watchin this kid from his warm up on a road bike on wind trainer @ the line, to his never give up style, he is a TMS favorite weekend after weekend.. DANG it must be nice to be 17! Corey if you keep at it, your Miscene pick as future state champion.

Mark Parmalee, Cycletherapathy race the B race last season, unknown to most at the beginning of this season , but he has steadily improved weekend after weekend, and at 26 has lotsa life left in Miscne cross, keep at Mark cuz you wont be sniffin the boxes for long.

Todd Frierichs, FRCC has been around michigan cross for awhile done his time in masters and the elite field, TMS gives todd a ton of props, sure he could for-go the places he's gettin in the elite field to win the masters race like he has shown in the past, But he doesnt. he comes out weekend after weekend to get better and keep throwin punches. Keep hangin tough Todd your miscne pick for stayin true!













check back again for unsung crossers 08




28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohio still blows......

Anonymous said...

funny.

Anonymous said...

Quit ripping off my photographs!

Anonymous said...

I AM TMS!!!

Anonymous said...

No, I'm TMS!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey, don't drag me down into your TMS muck!

Anonymous said...

I am TMS

Anonymous said...

no.IM TMS

Anonymous said...

darn what a bunch of cry babies. so what tms is using pics at least he is gettin some exposure other than the lame smugmug gallery

Anonymous said...

a cry baby? no way? strange, but not a cry baby.

Anonymous said...

im tms

Kroske said...

Dear TMS, feel free to use any of my photos to advance the cycling cause...

Kroske

Anonymous said...

TMS FRIGGIN RULES ! its too bad that there are so many soft sided people.
I can always take alittle urine in my punch, isnt that the spice of life?

Anonymous said...

guns, girls ,bikes, sex, drugs rock/punk and roll death, etc... and lame anon posters, its all good here on tms.

and I love the UNSUNG crosser post, those dudes all deserved that pub keep it comin TMS Ill always come back.

Anonymous said...

Steve grow up.
Steve we all like you and your photos, but maybe you should ride more and take less pitures.

Anonymous said...

This little lawyer-fest that seems to be brewing on "the other site" is hilarious. THIS is why people leave this lame-ass scene, either for greener, less tightly wound pastures, or get so discouraged that they drop out completely.
RELAX out there!
Steve, go play your esoteric, highly pretentious stringed instument, have a beer, eat some turkey, embrace the tryptophan, and chill the f*ck out!
TMS is the best thing going in the scene.
I know who you are.
"HUP HUP HUP"!!!

Anonymous said...

I support tms,
I read a blip on the mmba board, stating some crap about videos and offensive content, etc. and other stuff.

its a video, heck we may as well not turn on the TV or pick up the freepress in fear of gettin CREEPED OUT. im not gonna name names but for cryin out loud. Its a blog, and any time you do somethin outta of the usual someone is gonna get offended. if this blog was all bikes, cycling, and racin. it would be just like any other blog/website, i like the mix and the fact its not ordinary.

I stand behind tms.

Anonymous said...

I dont want a lawyer comin down on me. so no one take any pictures of me.

Anonymous said...

this whole thing is way out of control. laywers? like the one anon post no wonder people run in fear of this scene i will if crap like this keeps up.but that being said, i like the michigan scne blog its different if i want the same ol same ol, ill look at the other 100 or so self ego bloating blogs. not saying Tms doesnt bloat ego's they just dont do one they do em all.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry TMS the scene will make sure you have all the photos you need to keep the cross scene up and running.

The scene

Anonymous said...

Maybe we will all have to sign a waver saying that we all know that are photo might be taken at a cycling event.
Don't wory TMS I have photos from the last four years of cross, I will get them to you.

Kroske said...

But let's not trash my friend Steve Balogh, who has taken some memorable photos that we have all enjoyed... including the one that makes me look thin at a time trail... thanks Steve... I'm talking about advancing the cause of cycling. So, don't make me dig into my patriotic past as a son of a sharp shooter and member of the Sons of the American Revolution, to defend the right to talk about guns, drugs, and hot chicks with enormous boobies... God I love this country.

Kroske

the MICHIGANSCENE said...

Thanks one and all for comin through. we have taken some verbal bashing by a select few.
I do think its more than photo issue. This is why we started this blog, not to creep people out or cause havoc,
but to bring the scene out as one. we have always said this blog is not 1 but all. OK maybe not all but many.
thanks from your crew at the michiganscene

Anonymous said...

I am going to sue if I find 1 more picture of myself on the internet taken without my permission---Steve, Andrea, Tom and anyone else that takes my picture and then wants me to pay them for it.... Fucking Unbelivable

Steve stop being a turd, Andrea stfu.

Keep knocking down an already weak MIscene.

Anonymous said...

I am going to sue if I find 1 more picture of myself on the internet taken WITOUT MY PERMISSION---Steve, Andrea, Tom and anyone else that takes my picture and then wants me to pay them for it.... Fucking Unbelivable

whatta fuckin scam

Steve stop being a turd, Andrea stfu.



dang, you got that right!

Matt said...

Steve and Andrea, you can continue to take my picture and use it however you would like because I'm sure neither of you will do anything offensive with them. Same goes to TMS, I can't say I haven't been offended by some of the things on here but for the most part it's a great blog. Nobody here is getting rich off of these photos that are being taken, both Steve and Andrea are doing it for their love of photography and cycling. I'm sure the vast majority of racers appreciate that they are out there willing to photograph these races, and aren't finding themselves in a photo at tuckerbikes.com and getting pissed off because of it. If you do get upset I suggest you contact Steve or Andrea and tell them how you feel and they would kindly remove your photos. This would be much more rational then getting lawyers and losing your money. See you all at the State Championship.

Anonymous said...

Steves' a turd, and as far as andrea goes, I like her, but she is being kinda stinky too.