Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This little update on life could be one of many sceners life in the trenches, but to be exact it is TMS"s favorite BeerBUDDY. ( feel free to plug in any of your riding pals were needed..

tune in, turn on, burnout, read enjoy ..relate


This has been a pretty cold and snowy winter as records show. I have been rolling the daily commute to Aberdeen Bike in Chelsea (about 17 miles for the short 1 way, I like the 22mile loop if the dirt roads allow it and then back home) 5 days a week. Have had a fun commute with the Ipod---Beasties, Zepplin, Clutch, Tool, Sublime, Bob Marley, Rage, Tragically Hip and a few others have been keeping my head/brain warm. I have me steel Quiring set up with 1 gear 34/15, full fenders and NO studded tires (those things hurt). This bike is the winter beater/ summer beater. The shop moved into a new location across the street, so we have been busy getting everything dialed. I was able to get out for a weekend roll with the Simonster which was a good time, riding alone is easy but company can make the time go by faster. I have the winter riding clothing dialed and will only drive to work if the thermometer says less than -10deg outsideLuckily the snow has been consistent as I plow for some BIG$$$ in the winter to help float the summer of fun and racing. The Bells team is all locked down and we are awaiting our kits and a few other goodies, so the season is going to be a fun one. John Meyers, Erin Vicary, Joberon Beerchampski, Mike Anderson, JAJ and Q (sans bad knee) will be hitting the races hard with me in 2009. I look forward to another year of Tailwind racing, the MTB midwest triple Crown, a few 100 milers, maybe a full CX season and hanging with my cycling friends.mmmmmmmmmmm Hopslam is great after a -6deg commute home at night...--

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this man is my hero

the MICHIGANSCENE said...

in the words of a anon'er
DOPAGE

Anonymous said...

hey, what up with that guy in the bikesport photo standing on his tippie-toes like a ballerina dancer? something smells fishy.

the MICHIGANSCENE said...

ya gotta do whatta ya, gotta do.