Friday, December 03, 2010

TIME TO SHINE

Henry: Well well. Here we are again. Seems like I just popped onto your little Scene just yesterday. This place is a little too tame for me. Maybe my friend Iggy will come in here to really fuck some shit up in the future. Why am I here? Its the Michigan State Championship 'Cross Race motherfuckers! I wish I could be there toeing the line, because I would Search and Destroy. But since I can't make it, let me run down the list of potential heroes. My heart wants to pick the only true punk rocker out there, but I think The Pony might be a little long in the tooth given some of these young studs challenging for the throne. It would also be great to see a classic battle with The Black Ace who is fresh off yet another Ohio State Championship (how many is that now anyway?). But that too will be too tall of an order. No, the real battle will come down to the two kids on the block, Mark Chicken Parmelee and Vinny Roberge. Mark has been consistent all season long only faltering in the sand at Stony. Vinny has shown improved strength over the last few weeks and would have won at Bloomer had it not been for that corner he got too squirrelly in. He's got the Belgian soil in his palmares and for that reason alone, I cannot pick against him. Good luck Vince, I'm putting my life savings on you.

No comments: