Wednesday, August 03, 2011

TMS did this quick interview with Miscne cat 1 honch Alan Antonuk many weeks ago but with lifes little interferences it got lost in the TMS shuffle, but not forgotten. We have been watching this guy come up through the miscne ranks for a few years now, in fact he is the first 2 time interview we have done. I think what we like about him is his quest for pain outside of miscne. We would love to see more of him local, but he has set a precedent that a few other working types have followed, go out there get more, bring more back...and he has...with a bit more fine tuning he could be real sudden. Not too mention he is funny and honest to boot and that goes a long way with us...

Thanks for representing...

1.fat
You mean Phat right?

2.carbon
Breakage

3.michigan
State, you mean Michigan State!

4 2011
Where's the heat? Isn't supposed to be 100F?

5 tim finkel
Not making friends by sitting on breaks.

6 panther
Home of the calves

7 mbra
Got love for Joe

8 aavc
Dirt-hammer

9 waterford worlds
Its the Wednesday night Wankfest. Beer for prizes. Its legit

10 the black ace
Have you seen that guy's skin suits? Freaking awesome

11 cyclocross
Ordered your tires yet?

12 aerobars
Pursuit track bike?

13 island lake
What do you know about riding super-island lake?

14 beer I make my own, but Jolly Pumpkin's is still awesome

15 sex
Don't get enough of this

16 red
Road Rash

17 tumblr
alanantonuk.tumblr.com

18 choke
artist

19 winter
A good time to slide a wooden plank down a hill sideways

20 SJD
Welcome to the big leagues Sarah!

21 big ray
Still waiting to see his new move, he tells me its in the works.

22 Kroske
What's changed? A.C.D.K.

24 group rides
The most fun way to waste time on a bike

25 lathrup Industries
Wanna see how a team races? Watch these guys

26 Vinny roberge
Finding his utils of joy in the economist

27 Bissell
Big red still has it.

28. mountains
I dream about em.

29 29ers
Still rollin' dem big wheels

30 pizza
I'm a lactard, fuck it.

31 KFC
double down!

32 laptops
They need to be lighter

33 nascar
I get too dizzy watching cars go in circles.

34 formula 1
So when can I get one of those engines in my van?

35 rednecks
Have more fun

36 beef jerky
Slam into a slim jim

37 mayburry
What do you know about rockin 26m laps?

38 facebook
Time-waste central (I wish I knew how to quit you)

39 bald
Baldy Lox

40 poop
shit happens

41 h2o
di-hydrogen monoxide

42 roadkill
See #40

43 chix Got love

44 work
Got love

45 miscene
Got love for em too

46 fix gear
Velodrome!

47 tv
Versus is going to cover TdF this year right?

48 time
Is precious, don't waste it

49 lunch
1 hour isn't long enough for the amount I eat

50 fish
Fish tacos are awesome

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Scenes been on a roll lately, keep it coming

Anonymous said...

TMS has been on a roll lately, keep it coming....

Anonymous said...

what a complete douche.

Anonymous said...

;(

Anonymous said...

Home of the calves? Who has bigger ones Mac or Greg?

Anonymous said...

what's this guy ever won? WHen he wins something, then interview him.

the MICHIGANSCENE said...

You dont really get it do you?
too Bad.

Anonymous said...

Anyone who doesn't appreciate AA doesn't understand bike racing. Dude is a work horse for his team. He gets the (his) job done.

Anonymous said...

I don't care that he is a workhorse. There are a lot of riders that are workhorses for their respected teams. His attitude sucks.

Anonymous said...

I like the kid......needs to be part of our team.

Rayster

Adam said...

Why does everyone post Anonymously? Weak.

Anonymous said...

1. Never won anything of note, Waterford Worlds at best.

2. Never been laid

3. Barely employeed

4. Got first automobile at age 28 (given to him by parents).

5. Self rightous and snipes at people for own short comings.
6. Dishes on Michigan racing with next to no accomplishments in the state.
7. Running mates exhibit much of the same characteristics
8. All around tool who thinks way too much of himself and takes amateur bike racing much too seriously.

Anonymous said...

4:46 I believe Mr. York would disagree with your assumption that AA has never been laid.

Anonymous said...

Anyone that says things like this, doesn't really know Alan Antonuk or how to race a bike. AA is pretty much one of the least full of himself people, EVER. He epitomizes the word "teammate" and is happy with his role there. Just because he isn't some wanker that has to show how big his dick is to every girl he meets, doesn't mean he can't get some. He's a good friend to all that he interacts with and a smart cookie to boot. Whoever wrote these things should stick to this rule: if you don't have anything nice to say, go fuck yourself.

Anonymous said...

Why hasn't anyone else who has been interviewed ever received this much negative feedback? Because they are not little cocksuckers like Alan. Runs his mouth with next to no accomplishments. You know what I call someone who considers themselves a work horse in amateur bike racing, a pussy who can't finish. Jury is in, not a lot of good things said, maybe it's the way he carries himself. I my world a spade is a spade

eye of ghetto said...

well i don'\t know alan or about any of these comments. I do agree with one though: why don't you interview someone who wins some races.

Anonymous said...

oooooh yeah we want a Derek Witte interview. Should make you eastside lovers squirm just to hear that suggestion.

Anonymous said...

The Witte interview isn't scary- he's won a lot of bike races. The problem with Witte is that he's a true douche bag on and off the bike. He has a loud mouth, races dirty, was a bad husband, a terrible boyfriend, emotionally fucked up, tries to play the lawyer card a little too often, picks on people to make himself feel better and is the biggest exaggerater of situations to the point that they become lies. Witte=lawyer=liar. But yeah, he wins some races. Too bad he's too much of a turd to celebrate with.

Anonymous said...

All I'm gonna say about Alan...mmmm dat ass.

Anonymous said...

wow. some serious pain floating around these parts. momma always said, "if you ain't got sumpin' nice to say..."

Anonymous said...

with that being said, I say give witte a voice. I bet he won't take the interview: "best to let people think your an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

EYE OF GHETTO said...

THIS IS A BUNCH OF GARBAGE. I MEAN I'D RATHER NOT HAVE TO RACE AGAINST THE GUY BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING THAT BACKS THIS GUYS BS UP:



The Witte interview isn't scary- he's won a lot of bike races. The problem with Witte is that he's a true douche bag on and off the bike. He has a loud mouth, races dirty, was a bad husband, a terrible boyfriend, emotionally fucked up, tries to play the lawyer card a little too often, picks on people to make himself feel better and is the biggest exaggerater of situations to the point that they become lies. Witte=lawyer=liar. But yeah, he wins some races. Too bad he's too much of a turd to celebrate with.

Anonymous said...

Winners win, the rest bitch about them.

Anonymous said...

Someone isn't controlling the hatred. Get it in check, did he exaggerate the 5 bike lengths he put on you to 6?

the MICHIGANSCENE said...

HOLY SHIT...dam we gotta get this Dwitte guy in the house. Terribleboyfriends interviews intrigue us.

Anonymous said...

I just heard I was being defamed on the Internet. All I can say is this: My accomplishments are not what I wanted them to be in the sport of cycling, but they are real. Google it. I won a ton of bike races. I still win a few. On the flip side, it is a scientific fact that I weigh more than a 5' 10" male human should. The odd thing is that I probably just kicked your ass. The other odd thing is -- you very well may kick my ass tomorrow. (And that's okay.)

Also -- I have definitely shot my mouth off way too much over the years. But, I also truly appreciate everyone who shows up and races. We need each other. And, although we give each other all kinds of shit, we understand each other. Everyone has good weekends and bad weekends, good years and bad years. We have to celebrate everyone's victories and encourage them when they are down. I have only love for all of the people I've raced against over the years.

For example, I don't think some of you can understand the love that is shared between Renkema and me when we throw down. When Ben beats me, and vice versa, we are the only people who truly understand what that means. So, we are each other's biggest fans.

Another example, many of you don't know that billions of years ago, Paul Martin and I raced Collegiate races together. He would be the strongest guy in the field and I would be the second strongest (or thought I was) and cling to his wheel like a sucker-fish -- only to pass him in the sprint. I never took a pull. He never complained. Is that fair? I'm not sure. But, I am his biggest fan. Paul is one of the strongest bike racers in America and he has been for 20 years. If he wasn't in Traverse City, that win would not have meant nearly as much. And -- you know what? He and I know who is stronger and who is better at a flat, fast 50 minute criterium.

The people who have gotten to know me, also know that when they are in trouble I will be there. What's more, those of you who really know me, know that if I am really a dick (it's happened), you can call me and talk about it. I always take the call and I almost always apologize. 616-340-0246.

As far as being a bad husband and a bad boyfriend, I struggle with my opinion on those subjects everyday. So, I'm not sure how a stranger knows more about that than I do myself.

There are no bike races when no one else trains hard and shows up. So, try some kindness.

Derek Witte

the MICHIGANSCENE said...

Derek, believe it or NOT we here at TMS, respect you immensely, And glad that we have riders of style in and around here. For what its worth. Keep sprinting like you do, cuz it keeps people honest.

GODSPEED.

Kroske said...

Kroske loves Antonuk.

...and Witte

...and even the haters.

(in a non-bunghole penetrating way)

Mister T said...

T do Too