Thursday, October 13, 2011

JGood

TMS and T doesnt get to do enough of these interviews, and its too bad because they are one of our favorite things to do besides fight off Hatred , if Our channels were clear and lines more complete we could really get into these, Maybe its in the 2012 plan.. Guys like this often go unnoticed during what some of you call the regular season, come fall it gives TMS a chance see if they were puttin the time in or Not. T has been keeping his eyes on John Osgood for a few seasons, He first caught my eye as this with NO disrespect..thick dog in a Sandbag jersey, I didn't pay him much mind, but I noticed he kept coming back... week in week out, season after season improving ever so slightly....and then he got some shoes, they were often mistaken for the USGP star TimmyJ's..maybe that was his secret cause by 2011 i think he has started to figure it out, and the rest is yet to be scene. It would be nice to have another name to add to the Elite list when the infamous 2013 gets written. win, lose or draw..No matter, cuz he has gone steadily in the right direction, being a cool fool only adds to his strength of supporting TMS. thanks Jgood..we need more sceners like you.
1. # of yrs cycling competitive -
6 yrs. Started as a beginner cyldesdale in mountain biking
2. biggest michigan overall gripe -
Not growing the sport in the state fast enough compared to the rest of country. Just look at Ohio, Indy, and Chicago, and Wisco. Why can't MI be like them? they are right next door, and we been at it longer....
3.biggest mistake u made this year -
eatting too much!!! Same mistake every year
4.favorite miscene course -
Love it or hate it. Vet's Park does it for me. But Ithaca will be back next year!
5.favorite cereal -
Frankenberry
6 kisscross, or tailwind and why? -
Tailwind. Mainly because I live on the East side. But I am a big supportor of USAC events, and love the higher level of compitition overall I see in the Tailwind series. It would be great to combine the Tailwind racing, and the kisscross party together for the best of both worlds. 7.elite miscne cross could you handle it? -
Yes. I would get shelled at first. But I would start to figure it out.
8.your strength? -
Determination
9 your weakness -
Size
10. do you think you ever get bored of miscne cross -
No. A lot of good things are in the horizon. They just need to come to life. But bottom line, I love to race 'cross!
11.future plans -
focus on the rest of the masters series, and try to finish near the top. Look at doing my first nationals. and throw my name in the hat for Worlds...
12.would ride if u didnt race? -
Yes. I would'nt race if I did'nt love to ride.
13.how many bikes do you have -
8
14.how many times a week do you think about cross -
enough that it is probably unhealthy.
15.SS or geard -
As much as I love the raw, simplicity of racing single speed. I have to go geared on this one.
16. why SS At the USGP and not masters? -
I really like the experience of racing the USGP's, but they are not my main focus. So it give me a chance to race my single speed. This also means I only need to pack 1 bike, 1 wheel set, and minimal gear. Also, less chance of mechanicals or damage to my geared bikes.
17.do you see cross growing or declining in the future -
I think it will continue to grow.
18. what would you change about Miscne cross. -
Everyone just needs to get out and race!
19. List..25 memorable first times
Matt Ashley lapping me in my first CX race
1st ICEMAN.
eatting 2 big macs before doing a mountain bike ride.
eatting 2 coney dogs before racing munson.
my 1st CX win.
skin suit
shaving legs
Watching son do his first CX race.
puking at stony creek duing mountain bike ride.
Breaking helmet
racing agaisnt 100+ people on a CX course.
riding a 29er and realizing that I like the kool aid!
bonking
getting lyme disease on mountain bike trip
first ride on Tubulars
Rolling a tubular
beating someone for the first time that always seem to have my number
Getting a ride home from the bar from Todd Wells.
Spinting for a win
Having to give up my V-brakes
meeting like minded people
setting and accomplishing a goal

thanks Jgood

9 comments:

BrAdLaKo said...

Passion at its finest! Keep digg'n in Johnny!!

TP said...

I heart me some Chunky!

Anonymous said...

Hard worker deserves the results. Props.

Todd Shorkey said...

Johnny O, you have always been the man in my book! Miss you Brother!

Anonymous said...

So inspirational, the guys a local hero. Can't wait to see him kick butt in elite!

Anonymous said...

osgood knows cx. just look at this:

http://drunkcyclist.com/2011/10/15/the-future-of-cx/

Anonymous said...

I went to a Chi-cross cup race about 4 years ago. Course sucked and there was about 50 people there.

Now the courses are still just okay, but they get 500+.

What can we do to make Michigan CX grow???

Anonymous said...

new venues..

Anonymous said...

Cheaper entry fees would help too. I'm so used to paying the usual $30-35 bucks to race tail-crap races I almost passed out when I found out the Mad Anthony entry was only $22 bucks. Joe L is doing it right!