Thursday, October 27, 2011

TAO OF T

Photobucket
Sometimes the best convo's are the shortest ones, I recently had a quick y with a friend while sipping Tea. And although totaly not related to our speak in it got me thinking about two words, that often go unnoticed i think allot of peoples life. Athletes are probably worse than regular folks when it comes to ignoring them. I may have TAO'd them before but sometime even T's needs a reminder.
journey :process of development: a gradual passing from one state to another regarded as more advanced, e.g. from innocence to mature awareness
destination: des·ti·na·tion [ dèsti náysh'n ] predetermined end of trip: the place to which somebody or something is going or must go.
I don't wanna get all philosophical about these but sometimes in our busy life we get fixated on getting there. Whether it be the new day, coffee break, lunch break, happy hour, night hour etc its a endless hamster wheel some of us catch ourselves day in day out... And most of you being athletes its only magnified.. workouts, group rides, trainer rides, A races B races C races. wattage numbers, race numbers, payouts, handouts,..after parties, sleepovers , hangovers and fuckovers..its a endless cycle of getting to the next destination.
All the while maybe missing the best part along the way.. is The Journey the true reason why we do what we do? I cant answer that for you, but in this case because TMS is mostly related to Miscene cycling, and racing, Its why this blog exits. But it may not be the soul reason why some of you do it, Hell T cant even answer that question at TAO time.
The reason i brought this thought of TAO up, is closely related to the HATRED and banter that's going on about Miscene cross. We go through every year about how stale some feel the east side cross scene has become, and how change is needed, but isn't going fast enough to save it before it becomes to moldy for even some of the most seasoned mouths to swallow. Hell I'm darn guilty of it, I set the pot out stoke the coals,and some help stir it. I have my opinion, stated them vaguely, but have never rightly spoke on it in depth as of late, mainly cuz i know it aint no easy job, change is hard and journey is difficult cuz we all want to get to the next weekends gig...And to be honest i don't want another one... job that is... got enough of those already..I'm stating this to remind myself to chill the hell and enjoy another part of my journey through the building of my soul..
If you can wrap your brain around this Lil TAO session maybe you will understand, I know its Just my opinion, and why the HELL not? some dirt clod a few years back referred to TMS as just another assholes opinionated blog I don't know if I was that said asshole but i guess I'm guilty by association.

As always..thanks for stopping by.
speak it but control it..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DOPAGE!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSVnt3--Nnk

Anonymous said...

LONG LIVE TMS!