Wednesday, March 21, 2018





That's what I like about you, the way you hold me tight
Tell me I'm the only one, wanna come over tonight, yeah



So, it looks like I struck a nerve and a few of you got butthurt over my assessment on bullshit aero helmets.  Since one of you took me to task, I will oblige and answer your question.

 Let’s be clear, no one could rock the no helmet look as good as the Lion King.  Cippo’s golden locks were a thing of beauty. That dude was so slick, he’d pull over on the side of the road and take your chick and then polish you off in the sprint before you could get your musette bag out of your mouth. 

You’d think as a Retrogrouch,
I’d still be pining for the days of leather hairnets, but no.  While there is a bit of romanticism and good look to the hairnet, our grey matter is worth protecting despite some of you choosing not to use it.  As I’ve said before, aero helmets are bullshit.  Just look at a recent photo of the Sky train published on Velonews.  Four riders all wearing different helmets.  If those guys aren’t on board as a team convinced of its magical power, then who will be?  I will allow for the old adage of looking fast will make you feel fast and if you feel fast, you might just ride fast.  I can’t deny the power of the grey matter, but you will still look like shit doing it.  I can also agree that there are some swiss cheese non-aero helmets out there; I’m looking at you Catlike.  You will also look like shit and perhaps we can settle it over a friendly game of dodgeball.  Instead, I’m a simple man and prefer the likes of the Giro Aeon or the Lazer Z1.



Keep fighting me…

Regards Henry

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aeon or Z1? Come on Henry you’re better than that. I’ve seen you perform. I’ve listened to your spoken word shows. They have passion. They have soul. Those helmets are the opposite. They’re soulless. Yes they protect your head, and yes anybody and their brother can get a Lazer hookup, but it’s got to be about more than that. Those helmets are the god damn SRAM - pronounced as it’s spelled and not as shram - of the helmet world. Functional, but not appealing. I’ll give you one more chance to come correct.

Anonymous said...

disagree

products do not have to be expensive, to have validation. I can name piles of bike crap that cost an arm and a leg that arent worth shit.

I agree with Henry

Anonymous said...

10:22 where is there any mention of price or cost?

Anonymous said...

agree
3:17 PM


7:46 AM
but what does the hook up have to do with?

Anonymous said...

I feel like I have to complain/argue about something... Help me out