Thursday, May 09, 2024

State of the State




Rudy..it’s like summer already started, yeah sure Barry Roubaix seems like ions ago, and I hardly remember who won. I’m just pumped for some hard pulls in a good solid pace line, and big mile rides.

Tripper..gee Rabbit it’s odd to see you so geeked about pedaling a bike, what revaluation has brought you to this point.

Rudy..I don’t know Tripper, it’s like the state of the state is slowly righting itself from the feeble clutches of the pandemic.

Tripper…why so ?

Rudy..Well look at the numbers, gravel attendance is holding solid, despite the worthlessness of most second hand road bikes, races are slowly popping back up, and man..weekday worlds look like there flourishing and it’s only week two. And I haven’t even mentioned the teams, it seems like everyone better than the average that wants to be on a team is on a team. 

Tripper. Yeah you’re pretty solid on all points. 

Rudy, Everyone just seems so more friendly! I mean people that gave off this aura of arrogance two summers ago now seem so approachable. I don’t know Tripper call me naive but I think we are heading for a pretty good season. Is wrong for me not miss the edgy side of the scene?

Tripper.. you’re losing me.

Rudy..well like when T and Lemmy were more of present figures it had this sharpness that sometimes cross the line between being humorous, straightforward and to the point..to almost a negative thing.

Tripper..definitely..but wouldn’t rule the edgyness of TMS soo fast Rabbit..there is still a sort of sharpness to the scene..and I sure as hell wouldn’t write of T or Lemmy..not entirely..

Rudy..yeah I guess you’re right…anyway I’m pretty stoked on bikes and stuff right now.

No comments: